The sounds of children’s voices fill the halls at Rocky River throughout the week.
Rocky River provides a preschool for children ages 2, 3 and 4. Under the capable leadership of Kathy Davis, 3 classes of children meet Monday through Thursday from 9 am to 1 pm. For more information on our preschool program go to the preschool website or contact Kathy Davis at email@example.com
- Sunday School
Sunday School classes begin at 10 am. for all ages. Our children and youth meet in the following classes:
- Nursery care for ages birth-24 months seeks to provide a loving supportive environment for our youngest members and visitors.
- Ages 2-4 play together and learn about sharing and community as they begin to hear Bible songs and stories.
- Younger Elementary students take part in Godly Play, a hands on method of experiencing Bible stories.
- Older Elementary students begin to dig deeper in Bible and the traditions of the church.
- Middle School youth work on understanding the Bible as a whole, and applying it to everyday life.
- Senior High youth discuss various topics relating to theology, Bible, and current events.
- Children’s Ministries during Worship
During Sunday morning worship, our care of children continues with a team of trained volunteers. Nursery and child care continues for children birth-4 years old.
- Once children reach Kindergarten, we encourage them to remain in worship with family members. We learn how to worship by worshiping! Children’s worship bags are available in the vestibule for use during worship. These include a Children’s Bulletin, crayons, and a book or Bible. From time to time, children may be invited to a special session of Children’s worship following A Time for Children. These special sessions will be announced at the beginning of the worship service.
- Special events for our young members and visitors are held throughout the year. Some of these include a Fall Festival, a Christmas party and an Easter celebration. Vacation Bible School is held every summer, and is always a big hit. Children also are involved from time to time in special musical celebrations, pageants, and programs.We welcome visitors of all ages!
- Parties are held for the children throughout the year around special holidays.Vacation Bible School is held for three evenings every summer. There are classes for each age group through 5th grade.